Intermittent Fate? V.4
Fascinations on being in Czech are no longer in need. I’m going there today itself with a noon flight. Yippee! I’m going to meet up with Leonard and Shannon then we’ll check in, get luggage sort out. When my dad drops me off in K.L.I.A, he mentioned over a gazillion times on me being careful and pay attention in the conference. There I was, eager to fly to Czech and I’ve no idea whose Shannon and Leonard. So, I need my dad to intro them to me which means I need to listen to his * do not fool around in the main office-assemble factory* till I met them in real person at least.
Finally, my dad stops warning me bout’ me representing him & his branch coz’ he saw Leonard, the chap which represent K.L branch. What can I say? When both men met, what do they do? Darn right, they stood and talk bout’ current stocks and news-what makes it to headlines today (politics perhaps). Ignorance is not a bliss here, coz I’ve been ignore! Eventually, after a few minutes, come to realize my dad got my signal that I actually existed in the airport! So, he intro me to Leonard and I can see he was not impress or may I say he was surprise to see me representing the branch as my age is concern. He did not pay much attention to me though. I can already foresee the whole trip to Czech. Yeah! It’s going to be Fun (he’s already in disbelief and doubt my capacity). I don’t care much by the way since I still have a lady to accompany me. Speaking of her, where is Shannon by the way?
I raised the issue on where is Shannon since we need to check in already and get into the boarding room. Bam! It hit me, Shannon cannot make it last minute coz’ she met with a car accident (minor) 2 days back and the branch cannot change the ticket and send another representative on time to replace her. Yikes! Now, Leonard informs us. What a coincidence and I’m definitely not impress with his attitude either. So, I trailed Leonard’s back and followed him after we’re done with the checking in procedure.
In the boarding room, we did not share much of a conversation like I thought we would. The same goes through out the journeys. I hate the fact, that I’m so silent. I’m a noisy person and I love cracking jokes but I do not want to attempt to strike a joke with him. He looks to serious for me to do that, and in my mind; my dad’s warning on me actually having the position on representing him-so make a good impression. (Faking, I say)
Guess, I’ll be a so-call faker for at least 5 days! I think I can live with that at least for 5 days.
The moment the captain on the flight announces we’ve got 10 minutes more before we land, I’m awake from my nap. I quickly rushed to the lavatory, get myself refresh. When, we reached the arrival hall of ‘Ruzyni Airport‘. I’m sort of lost so I’m sticking close to Leonard. Till the end gate after we pass the immigration officer, I spot a lady holding up a board bearing ‘SKODA’ (Mr. Leonard, Ms. Shannon and Ms. Merlinna from Malaysia) and pointed out to Leonard. We walked towards her direction and without amiss; she greeted us with friendly attitude.
We were handed a pass each bearing that we’re apart of the company and we’ll be staying in the hotel (Hotel Hilton Atrium) situated in the city itself. I get to know her as the human resources and advertising manager, Ms. Swarzkey or preferably call her Michelle. Firstly, we were brought in the hotel and handed the keys to our rooms. Michelle mentioned, its’ still early, she’ll leave us to rest and she’ll be back with us during dinnertime. I’m staying in the room 518 while Leonard got room 522. We just do our own things and get into the room.
Wow! I’m here already; the air smells good. The people here is friendly although I do not seems to catch their accent but its’ all fine. I text my dad to say I reach safely and met up with Michelle. I unpacked my luggage and quickly get showered. After that, the bed! Yes, I’m already bounced to the bed and rolling on it! Not forgetting, I’ve got 3 hours before dinnertime. What’s the rush? Beauty sleep is essential!
When, we finally meet again for dinnertime. We had in the lounge of the hotel since we’re still new as mention by Michelle. It would be fine, if we can have it in the hotel and discuss further matter concerning the schedule. *I’m fine with this entire place, as long as there’s food and I’m safe. *
I’m already flicking the menu but ended up in embarrassment coz’ I do not understand what the menu’s all about. But I’m smart; I closed the menu and request Michelle to choose special delicacies of the city to me while Leonard nods his head in agreement. Michelle willingly placed orders with the waiter and shared the conversation.
* Ahem! I (aik) was wondering about the schedule that I hand over earlier. We will meet up every nine in the morning to carry out our (ark) planning and by evening, you’re (yore) free to do your own activities. But it’s only for 5 days and you’ll be back to Malaysia after the conference. Oh, except for Merlinna since she requested to be here for 2 weeks. But our management will not supervise ya (yeh) after the conference ended. *
I was trying to make out what she says while trying to hide my smile coz’ I can sense Leonard is trying his best to understand what she says too. I replied sincerely,
*Yes, I’ll be responsible for my being after the conference but I wished if I happened to get into troubles, I could somehow contact you? Because, you do understand I’m not local and I wished to visit the beautiful city of Prague before head back to Malaysia. *
*Yes (Ano), you’re going around the city and of course you can contact me if you need anything. Trust me; you will fall in love (louve) with the city once you get around. * Michelle’s already promoting her own country with pride and agreeing to guide me if anything I needed.
After the dinner and discussion, we head back to our rooms. On the way back, Leonard actually ask me,
*Why would you want to stay here after the conference? Is it that captivating and you’re not afraid on being alone? I find it hard to understand what the people here are saying and I’m worrying bout tomorrow’s visit to main office. *
I just smiled and replied, *its’ a chance in a lifetime, I would not have come back here again so why not take a chance and enjoyed myself. I’m sure I’ll be fine alone besides other foreigners do the same on the own. Guess, our Asian mind-set thinks likewise on always thinking towards bad scenarios. Do not worries too much, get lots of rest and tomorrow will be just fine. We still have to get lots of energy and focus on what the officers had to say. Okay? Want me to give you a morning call tomorrow? *
Leonard just raised his hand say he’s fine with it and he’ll see me tomorrow morning in the lobby. That’s it and I’m in my room and look at the pamphlet of the hotel, it’s situated in Poboezni 1, Prague 8 in Karlin (i wonder what’s with the name?). I stood out the balcony and stare at the traffic below and saw those lights, blinking stars upon the sky. It looks fantastic and I’m so happy. Since I switch on the TV and get myself lost over the soap-opera coz’ I can’t understand what those actors are talking bout, I’ve decided to hit the sack and sleep!
Good Night, the city of Prague and Sweet Dreams to Me!!
3 comments:
this is the starting..
where you and joong are getting closer together huh?! ** I wonder.
(So far yet so near??!!) -- something like that.
I love this chapter.
I can imagine how myself had reached prague.
those funny accents..
god! you made it up or wat?!
ahahahahahaha!!!
(beh tahan you liao)
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Mana ada make up* Its real one..
haha..i think mine bit sienz lo-ur one more canggih-can imagine more!!I like ur one~
Next chap bit sienz sienz dei coz bout me working jor lu*
Hor lin!!
i wanna go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Faster write finish it la..
Post a Comment