Intermittent Fate? V.3
I’m done with my exams and I’ve got them through with my desire results. I’m not in threat anymore since my mom already let me off after the exam. Now, I’m a free person with 3 months holidays ahead of me before I’m off to United Kingdom for my final year law degree. I seriously needed a break before I continued my pursuant of studies.
I’ve discuss with my folks perhaps I can get myself a holiday package or some sort. Somehow, they have not really agreed or give any positive answer though. But, I was thinking about going to Australia or perhaps to Hawaii coz’ I really love beaches. I’ve eventually asked my sis on which destination to go, she mention Hong Kong.
I replied her, * Crazy? Going to Hong Kong alone for a package for 4 days - 3 nights is it? Alone is one thing, you do know I’m lack of Chinese education which makes me a non-Chinese words reader. Hello? I’m going to starve to death or go nuts. Unless you go with me! *
She answered me in a frustrated manner, *Jie, if I can go with you then definitely I’ll go but I’ve got school to attend. I’m willingly to be your assistant in reading those Chinese words but I can’t, you decide where you want to go then! *
I rolled my eyes and laughed it off. Preferably not going to Hong Kong. I’m not going alone specially when I need to finance my own expenses~
This was coz’ previously, I was supposed to go with my family but got cancelled due to some complication. I was looking forward for the shopping season back then. But then, now I was not ready to go shopping alone in Hong Kong though. Awkwardness and expenses I’m more concern about*
After few days, my dad asks me to come over the table after dinner and had a conversation with me. He mention something bout’ needing my help on going overseas to get things sort out. I was eager to know where am I heading and what sort of workload am I given?
* I need you to go over on a trip to Czech Republic to the main Skoda manufacturing company to understand more bout’ the new coming car model. K.L branch and Penang branch are sending a representative so our Ipoh branch will need a representative too. So, I need you to go over and understand the current changes. What do you think, can you do it or else I will send over Sam to take the lead*
I was like, *a trip to Czech? It’s great, coz’ I have not been there and besides, TVXQ went there before. I wanted to see how’s the place and what it looks like. It’s a good opportunity for me and I can have my holiday as well. Yeah!! *
Dad clears throat and say,
*Excuse me, I’m asking you to go as a representative and not on holiday mood. You will receive a schedule on what you’re going to do in Czech. You’ll be there for 2 weeks but the company only needs to you to be around for the orientation and marketing surveys for 5 days. I believe I can trust you to get things done and get the information needed so you can explain to the staff back here. After the orientation is done, you can spend a week there on your own for your own holiday purposes. Deal? *
Obviously, I flip and agree to go instantly. I’m on a so call business trip but I can get to enjoy myself on a holiday as well. Of course, it’s a deal. But I’ve got a heavy duty to fulfill, as I have to report my doings and send in a complete progress report after that. I do not really care bout it now, I’m going to fly there in 1 weeks time. Hooray! At the mean time, I have to get my things pack, contact the other 2 branches’ representative and then send a quick e-mail to main office stating I’m representing the Ipoh branch to go for this trip.
The next day, I’m off to bookstore to get a glance over the tourist guide of Czech’s. I do not want to be an idiotic tourist wandering around the streets without a clue. I’m looking forward to great food and tasting the wine. Besides, I’m interested into the monuments and buildings around. Without any hesitation, I’ve grab the tourist handbook, which cost me RM 59.90, and initially I went over to the foreign language section to see the idioms-dictionary for Czech. I’m not only going to be a lost tourist, I worry I’ll look like a lost dog if I do not know anything. Why not get myself slightly prepare and enjoy myself on learning another language. I do not know how the other representative taking it but I’m really eager to go there.
I bought the tourist guide handbook and the translation dictionary at one go. I remember hearing my dad saying, when we reach at Czech, there will be someone picking us up and guide us around the city. I doubt how much the person will assist us. So, I rather take the initiative and learn some words. Minus the fact, I can impress the management there but I can also shop with the advantage perhaps I can ask for discounts.
*Shopping and dining is somehow a priority in my mind*
So, I’m done packing my stuff and seriously speaking I do not have a heavy luggage to go there coz’ I was in the mind on bringing back stuffs and not to mention souvenirs for family and friends. Today, I’ve got a fax (schedule) in the Car showroom’s office. I’m supposed to meet the other 2 representatives in K.L.I.A before taking off and proper documentation is needed. Claiming I can get my flight ticket and visa from the agency since they had pre-book it together with the rest of 2 reps.
I’ve got to known the other 2 reps, I’ve call them through phone and mentioned bout the trip and slightly understand bout’ the plan. The rep from Penang is Ms. Shannon while the rep from K.L is Mr. Leonard. Which I later found out, both of them are in their mid 30’s.
In my mind * God! They’re so mature. I hope they do not get themselves to committed in their job and talk bout work 24-7. I’m going to end up suffocating if they group up and left me alone. Worrying now? It’s too late! Oh No*
Yikes! I’m the youngest and preferably make me the most in-experienced in the car industry. I wonder if I can strike proper conversation with them but somehow, they seem to be very nice through the phone.
They initially had received the same notice on claiming their air-tickets as well. So I told them we’ll meet in K.L.I.A then on the exact day without any changes.
For the next two days, I’m sort of learning very hard to cope with the language. I find myself speaking very funny tones with quirky pronunciation. But I manage to entertain myself with flipping the tourist guidebook. It really fascinates me on how many places I can go later on after I’m done with the pre-model orientation. I’ve circled few spots, which I intended to visits. I’m sure the sites that are recommended are worth going for and I read that the night view is awesome.
3 comments:
ahahaha!!
do you know how important chinese can be??!
ehehehehehehehe!!!
but wont till the extent that you'll starve to death and go nuts lar! you still can speak canton right?!
stupid tour handbook that costs you so much wei!
go internet do research then print it out lar! **shaking head [waste money nia] idioms dictionary sumore?! **faint
What's wrong going with mid 30 la! ahahahahaha!!! jar dou wei!!!
'youngest' but the hottest! woohoo!
'inexperienced' but smart! wee!!!
If there's a chance, would you mind speaking some Czechish for me? I would LOVE to know how funny it sounds!wahahahaha!!!
peace out!
I know chinese is important la but then hor? I dunno how to read n write la,damn cha dou wan lo!! Nothing wrong wif going wif mid 30's but mereka terlalu Cekap!! wakaka..I lurve ur 'youngest' but hottest..i no need sleep de-too Happy*
yeah yeah..correct correct..if i can go hong kong sure go wan...make sure we go Hong Kong next trip ar!!
Post a Comment