Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Intermittent Fate? V.6



Sunny day! It’s just perfect for me to be around Prague castle and Hradcany. Getting a ride from the bus doesn’t really cost me much, 100 ke* to get to the castle. I’m really impressed with the wooden fortress and the courtyards. It’s really beautiful and I read the pamphlet that it is the largest ancient castle around the world. (570 m long, on average 128 m wide, area 7.28 hectares).

Wow! I can’t stop snapping photographs of it and get to the corners of the picture gallery of Prague castle (Obrazárna Pražského hradu), the Royal garden (Královská zahrada), Golden lane, White tower, Capuchin monastery and Old Royal Palace (Starý Královský Palác). Just to name a few here, it’s really fantastic to actually view the sights and the styles of each ground. Its’ slightly different from each view depends on which angle are we looking at. The classical reign of the 18th century is still well preserved around the castle. There’s many visitors and tourist around the castle.

There I was focusing on my photo snapping moment and all of a sudden there’s a commotion on the outside. There are lots of people in the crowding the castle. I am eager to know what’s happening, till I saw there’s a crew of people filming. To my amazement, the crew are from Korea coz’ somehow I heard some of them speaking. Koreans really love making movies in Prague, I guess coz’ I remember there’s this movie * lovers in Prague*, if I’m not wrong. Not to be bother coz’ I do not recognize the actors or actresses there. So, I walked away from where I stood.

The moment I turn around, I bang on someone. Yikes! My pamphlet and map drops.

*Mianhamnida!* and he quickly kneeled down and picked up the pamphlet and map that I dropped.
I was not looking at him and I thought I heard him apologizing in Korean.
He handed back the things to me and walked off before I could even say thank you. Oh well, I guess he was rushing.

So, I continue my stroll and decided to rest in a café nearby. I am snapping photos in the café and order a cup of cappuccino while resting. While at it, I can sense some members from the filming crew enter the same café as I do. Sigh! And I thought I could enjoy a quiet sip of cappuccino while enjoying the scenery from inside. There are few guys from the crew queue at the counter to get drinks. I’m not frustrated but somehow not happy with the sudden ‘lots of people situation in a small place’. I quickly drank my cappuccino and left.

Fresh air and beautiful scenery! My other stop around the castle should be The Toy Museum. Wait, how do I get to the museum from here? I’m searching frantically for my notebook which includes my pamphlet. Shit! I left it somewhere, where did I last stop-THE CAFÉ! I quickly return to the café, back to the table that I last sat. But my notebook is nowhere to be seen, oh no! All my planning and scribbles of words are in there. Okay, now I’m feeling blue while sitting in the corner just to rest my mind for a minute~

A tap on my shoulder and I was thinking * Great! I can’t even have a break just to clear my head is it? I’m already feeling down and I just felt like losing my temper now! *
I looked up and I saw a guy but not him that I’m concern, I saw him holding my notebook. Yeah! I found it, okay-not quite actually but who cares. I quickly grabbed the notebook from his hand and thanked him. I quickly glanced at him and walk away, he looks familiar but he’s with the cap, which I can’t seem to get a clear look of him. He walked away and I was happy to get my notebook back.


Next stop, I head to the Toy museum. I was enjoying myself looking at those smalls’ toys and fragile objects in the museum. I decided to ease my hunger after I sense my stomach is crying for food. I went to the food booth to get some buns and sat at the bench.

I was nibbling at the bun and threw some crumbs at the pigeons nearby me. While I’m doing so, I can hear snapshots taken nearby, I looked up and I saw a guy snapping photos of me feeding the pigeons. It’s him again, the guy which handed me, my notebook.
He paused and looked at me. He came over the bench and sat next to me.
* Annyeonghaseyo! Ch’oum poepkessumnida. *(Hello, how do you do?)

I just stared at him blankly and shake my head, * anio (no), I’m not Korean. I’m Malaysian.
He seems to be catching each words I’m saying slowly and I assume he understand the question I asked. He nodded his head and feels a bit uneasy. I think it was either I wasn’t Korean or he doesn’t understand what I said. I was thinking what to tell him and trying to get my sentence straight. All of a sudden his phone rang, he was like * yoboseyo! (Hello!) Chamgan katta ogesse yo (I’ll be back shortly) *and he’s looking at his watch; turn to the opposite trying to avoid looking at my face. After he’s done, he mentioned, * sille haji man, kamnida *(excuse me but I’m going).

I don’t know what he was saying and the next thing I knew was, he left. I was thinking why are he acting so weird and he still looks familiar to me although I can’t seem to make out who he was?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously mel...
where do you get to know so much bout czech?!

"I don’t know what he was saying and the next thing I knew was, he left. I was thinking why are he acting so weird and he still looks familiar to me although I can’t seem to make out who he was?"
--See something wrong from this passage? "why are he acting"??!! [lolz]
you typed till sot jor is it?!

the story's nice babe!
I like it~!!!
but I'm so seriously waiting for the romance to sparkle.

Anonymous said...

ARE? aiyoyoyo* sorry ar-TYPO mistake..rephrase *WHY IS HE ACTING SO WEIRD?* ..hahaha.. Where do I get to know bout it? Spend few minutes in the Internet sites & some Books lo!! 50% Credits to my Lil'sis..hehe =P

Anonymous said...

geng lor!
actually i did the same for 'rendang' ahahahaha!!!

but mine is easier since it's just another beach..
ahahahaha!!!